Hey, I’m Corey. I’m a marketer, designer, tech geek, amateur photographer, adventurer, and plenty of other things. Professionally, though, I’m a digital marketing specialist that likes to create cool stuff. I’m currently looking for a full time digital marketing related position in San Francisco, California. Hopefully one that would allow me to use my creative skills along with my marketing knowledge. If you’re looking for someone to fill this type of position, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
9/2014 – 8/2016
- Created visually appealing brand identity focused on enhancing user recognition and emotional response.
- Developed UX focused website that averaged 44% bounce rate and 3,500 views per month in first year.
- Achieved page one rankings for estimated 100+ search terms within one year by applying up-to-date on-page and off-page SEO tactics.
- Authored high quality content consistent with brand personality. Including blog posts, social posts, press releases, and other announcements. Distributed promotional content across multiple channels.
- Increased brand awareness through targeted, user-focused advertising and paid SEM campaigns resulting in being voted #2 “Best Law Firm” after only two years.
- Produced and edited interview-style informative videos. Distributed videos across all social platforms.
- Collaborated with Minnesota State University, Mankato to implement men’s hockey “Veteran of the Game” promotion. Named program’s most successful advertising partnership to date.
- Defined budget allocation across multiple mediums including radio, print, digital, social media, SEO, and PPC.
Minnesota Tri Sports
5/2014 – 8/2016
- Redesigned existing Mankato Mud Run website focused on enhancing user experience resulting in 65,000+ unique pageviews over two year period.
- Planned, implemented, and optimized paid SEM campaigns on Google and Facebook.
- Increased brand recognition by creating marketing materials such as promotional posters, course maps, event banners, t-shirts, online advertisements and sponsorship material.
- Managed and supported annual registration of 1,300+ participants. Acted as liaison prior to and day of event providing organizational and problem-solving assistance.
- Created and managed content for 25,000+ subscriber email database. Developed automation-based campaigns.
- Lead user-centered social media efforts and optimized integrations with all online marketing channels.
- Mentored marketing interns. Delegated meaningful tasks and acted as their direct contact.
- Maintained healthy relationship with current sponsors and sought out potential sponsorships.
- Strategically determined most effective price tier and promotions schedule based on user research.
Minnesota State University, Mankato
2/2013 – 12/2013
IT Service Representative
- Created promotional marketing material for the Minnesota State University, College of Business website and events hosted by the College of Business.
- Assisted students with general questions about the college as well as technical issues they may be experiencing. Provided excellent problem-solving skills and patience in dealing with frustrated users.
Minnesota State University, Mankato
8/2009 – 5/2013
- Minor, business administration. Coursework included: Marketing strategy, consumer behavior, brand management, market research, statistics, social marketing, analytics and logistics and distribution management.
- SEM strategies; SEO best practices; Social Media, Content, and Email Marketing; Analytics; Brand Design and Strategy; Web Design; HTML & CSS; Video Production; Digital Photography
- OS X and PC OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office, WordPress, MailChimp
- End-to-End Campaign Execution Experience, Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Project Management Skills, Results Driven, Self-Motivated in Both Independent and Team Settings